5 ways to start 2015 off right!
Colder temperatures, less hours of daylight and post-holiday exhaustion may have you feeling like hibernating in your room for the rest of the winter. With a little help from the Student Success Centre, you can beat the winter blahs.
Here are 5 ways you can get a re-energized start in 2015.
- Improve your academic success. A full day of hands-on workshops has been scheduled that will focus on improving your academic success in areas such as: time management, exam preparation, writing essays and facilitating group meetings. The Academic Success Boot Camp is taking place on Saturday, January 17 and pre-registration is required.
- Save money and spend wisely. Make gaining financial wellness part of your new year’s resolutions. A new online resource has been developed for McMaster students addressing everything from paying for school and living on a budget to dealing with credit and debt. If you are spending time tucked away in your room, check out Mac’s Money Centre at money.mcmaster.ca.
- Meet new people and make an impact. Experience what it’s like to affect positive social change by participating in MacServe. MacServe Engage is a one or two week experience that takes a closer look at local, national and global issues though real-life learning. Opportunities in 2015 include experiences in Hamilton, Manitoulin Island and Urubamba, Peru. Registration closes January 19.
- Discover more about your interests and skills. Career Planning Groups help you explore your career options while helping you gain a better understanding of your interests, values, personality and skills. These fun and exploratory sessions are available year-round. Check OSCARplus for upcoming dates and times.
- Bundle up and head out to explore Hamilton. Journey off campus and see what the city has to offer. You can find out what’s happening in and around Hamilton by following the Pop the Bubble blog at macpopthebubble.wordpress.com.
For more information on the listed programs and events, visit oscarplusmcmaster.ca. Wishing you much success in 2015!