Scholarships and awards are an excellent way of supplementing your financial resources and gaining recognition for your achievements. A select group of students who demonstrate academic excellence will be able to significantly manage their budget using scholarship funding. It does take some effort and perseverance to apply for a scholarship. Many times applying for one scholarship is not enough! Spending time browsing search engines, preparing your essays or personal profiles and collecting valuable references can be a worthwhile personal and financial investment.
McMaster’s Scholarship Programs
McMaster has an Entrance Honour Award Program and an In-Course Awards Program. Eligibility criteria and deadlines dates can be found in the Undergraduate Calendar or on the Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (SFAS) website. More details are available at Paying for School with Scholarships.
Where can I search for scholarships and awards?
- Try using the following search engines:
- Organizations have scholarship opportunities promoted on their websites:
- Place of Employment – Student’s or Parent’s Employers
- McMaster employees are eligible to the Tuition Benefits for Dependents & Spouses. Click here for more information.
- Read about other Ontario employers assisting employees and their family with the expenses related to a top education.
- An External Agency Student Information Form is available on the Student Accounts & Cashier’s website when scholarship providers require confirmation of course completion and payment.