As you endeavor on your educational career, the option of paying for school using a Registered Educational Saving Plan (RESP) has already been decided. RESPs are a great way of saving early for your educational and living expenses. This type of plan is usually embarked upon by your parent, grandparent or caregiver. If you have a RESP, here are a few helpful hints when using plan funds to pay for school:

  • Only the amount withdrawn from the RESP for the current year of school needs to be reported as income on the OSAP application
  • The RESP Confirmation of Enrollment form or request for a letter confirming enrollment can be completed by the Office of the Registrar
  • Your request can be dropped off in person (GH-108) or faxed to 905-527-1105.
  • Students must have registered for courses and received both academic and financial approval for the session registration for the form to be signed.
  • More information about confirming enrollment can be found on the Office of the Registrar website