Registered Educational Savings Plan
As you endeavor on your educational career, the option of paying for school using a Registered Educational Saving Plan (RESP) has already been decided. RESPs are a great way of saving early for your educational and living expenses. This type of plan is usually embarked upon by your parent, grandparent or caregiver. If you have a RESP, here are a few helpful hints when using plan funds to pay for school:
- Only the amount withdrawn from the RESP for the current year of school needs to be reported as income on the OSAP application
- The RESP Confirmation of Enrollment form or request for a letter confirming enrollment can be completed by the Office of the Registrar
- Your request can be dropped off in person (GH-108) or faxed to 905-527-1105.
- Students must have registered for courses and received both academic and financial approval for the session registration for the form to be signed.
- More information about confirming enrollment can be found on the Office of the Registrar website